Looks like a lot more locally made craft beer is about to start flowing from beer faucets in Central Florida. We've been getting word about new breweries in planning on a constant basis lately. Its getting hard to keep track of them all! Some have secured a physical location and have websites. Some have websites but no physical location. Some have a physical location but no website. Here is the most up to date list that we know of and what we know about each. Cheers!
Ten10 Brewing (Ivanhoe District)
* We spoke to owner/brewer Mike Wallace back in May when he said he was "keeping his fingers crossed' to be open by the end of the summer. It looks like it will be a little later than that but he does have a location at 1010 Virginia Drive in the Ivanhoe District. Mike is a very well respected brewer amongst local beer enthusiasts and we are guessing that Ten10 will probably be one of the first breweries on this list to open.
Bowigen's Beer Company (Casselberry)
* I had a chance to visit the guys from Bowigens Beer Company recently at the site of their new brewery right next to Colorado Fondue Company in Casselberry. You can check out our little piece we did on Bowigens HERE. Bobby and Kevin are hoping to open by the end of 2014.
Wops Hops Brewing (Sanford)
* Haven't met these guys, but according to Florida Beer News the owners have bought the old Stokes Fish Market building on Sanford Avenue and plan to open a brewery and tasting room for locals and visitors to Sanford. We're looking forward to possibly taking the train up to Sanford and checking out Wop's Hops!
Persimmon Hollow Brewing (Deland)
* We've seen quite a bit from the guys at Persimmon Hollow Brewing on social media and have heard that they already have a distributor for their beers. From the looks of their pictures, they have a pretty good sized brewing system and will be opening their doors very soon.
Southern Moon Brewery and Barbeque (Curry Ford Road)
* Southern Moon is a barbeque joint and soon to be brewpub by the owners of the Fork in the Road Food truck. Scott Joseph did a piece on Southern Moon back in March and reported that they had hired Adam Steele, a Denver brewmaster, to do the brewing. The restaurant is open for business but we're not sure when the house made beers are scheduled to start pouring.
Broken Strings Brewing (Ivanhoe Village)
* It was announced just last week in The Bungalower that Broken Strings Brewing had secured a location in the Ivanhoe District just north of downtown. I got a chance to meet one of the brewers recently and sample some of his beer and I was impressed. With Ten10 Brewing and some others possibly in the works, Broken Strings will be a great addition to what could eventually become known as "The Beer District".
Crooked Can Brewing Company (Winter Garden)
* Crooked Can Brewing is set to be part of a three million dollar project to make the town of Old Winter Garden comparable to Orlando's Audubon Park Garden District. We've heard they are shooting to be open by St. Patrick's Day 2015.
Dead Lizard Brewing (Orlando)
* Dead lizard announced plans via social media about a year ago to open a brewery somewhere in the Ivanhoe District. As far as we know, they have not yet secured a location.
Orlando Beer Blog
Our goal is to provide you with the latest on where to enjoy craft beer in Orlando.