I know we aren't a cooking and baking website but I had to share this anyway. We had all intentions of making Pumpkin Ale Muffins yesterday but we didn't have enough pumpkin ale left to spare for the recipe. So we substituted a bottle of Lazy Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale instead. The finished product was incredibly moist and delicious so don't be freaked out by the 12 ounces of beer that is added. The donut tins we used are simply muffin tins that are shaped like donuts. These little devils are sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering. Cheers!
1 bottle Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine the beer, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add in sour cream, mix until all is used up.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together the cocoa, sugar, flour, pie spice, baking soda, and optional chopped pecans.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Evenly spread the batter amongst muffin or donut pans.
6. Bake 25 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack. Cool completely before turning out of the tins.
7. (Optional) Frost with icing of your choice
Orlando Beer Blog
Our goal is to provide you with the latest on where to enjoy craft beer in Orlando.